- Release date: 11/13/2014
- Developer: 11 bit studios
- Publisher: 11 bit studios
- Genre: Adventure , Indie , Simulation
- Languages: English, French, German, Polish, Russian, Italian, Portuguese-Brazil, Spanish, Japanese, Korean, Turkish, Simplified Chinese
- Features: Single-player, Steam Achievements, Full controller support, Steam Trading Cards, Steam Workshop, Steam Cloud
- Requirements: View details
This War of Mine description
Unfortunately, professional review of the This War of Mine game is not yet ready. This game is on the list and will be reviewed in the nearest feature. Meanwhile, you can find more from the official description below.
View all reviews
If you have something to say about this game and make own review – write us. We are looking for talented game critics!
Become a critic
The universe of This War of Mine has been expanded by two DLCs:
– The Little Ones – explores the hardships of wartime survival as seen from an entirely new perspective – that of a child.
– The Father’s Promise – a heartbreaking tale of loss and hope in a war-torn city, opening a season of brand new independent Stories, with the second episode coming in 2018.
In This War Of Mine you do not play as an elite soldier, rather a group of civilians trying to survive in a besieged city; struggling with lack of food, medicine and constant danger from snipers and hostile scavengers. The game provides an experience of war seen from an entirely new angle.
The pace of This War of Mine is imposed by the day and night cycle. During the day snipers outside stop you from leaving your refuge, so you need to focus on maintaining your hideout: crafting, trading and taking care of your survivors. At night, take one of your civilians on a mission to scavenge through a set of unique locations for items that will help you stay alive.
Make life-and-death decisions driven by your conscience. Try to protect everybody from your shelter or sacrifice some of them for longer-term survival. During war, there are no good or bad decisions; there is only survival. The sooner you realize that, the better.
This War of Mine: Anniversary Edition
It’s been two years since This War of Mine global release and we’re still expanding the experience. This new free DLC, created especially for the Anniversary Edition, adds new characters, new locations to explore, and most importantly – a whole new ending, leading to a different outcome to the game. The dilemma though remains the same how far will you go, to protect the ones you care about?
This War of Mine:
- Inspired by real-life events
- Control your survivors and manage your shelter
- Craft weapons, alcohol, beds or stoves anything that helps you survive
- Make decisions – an often unforgiving and emotionally difficult experience
- Randomized world and characters every time you start a new game
- Charcoal-stylized aesthetics to complement the game’s theme
Babel project is a community-based translation initiative that will allow us to bring This War of Mine experience to people all around the world.
Thanks to Babel these new languages are already available in game:
You can be a part of the project. Register and start working on the translation right away at babel.thiswarofmine.com
This War of Mine might be the war game we need.
I was intrigued by This War of Mine’s attempts to portray the consequences of war in a way that games have largely ignored in the past. The fact that the psychological and emotional challenges of living under such horrifying conditions are something you have to consider as you struggle gives me added hope that it might treat its hefty and important subject matter with the gravity and complexity that it deserves.
11bit is blazing a new thematic trail amidst the currently popular survival genre, and so far the studio seems to have something special on its hand.
Join The Discussion