- Release date: 3/12/2017
- Developer: Revival Productions, LLC
- Publisher: Revival Productions, LLC
- Genre: Action , Early Access
- Languages: English
- Features: Single-player, Full controller support, Steam Leaderboards, HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, Gamepad, Keyboard / Mouse, Seated
- Requirements: View details
Unfortunately, professional review of the Overload game is not yet ready. This game is on the list and will be reviewed in the nearest feature. Meanwhile, you can find more from the official description below.
View all reviews
If you have something to say about this game and make own review – write us. We are looking for talented game critics!
Become a critic
- 10 unique Challenge Mode levels
- Infinite and Countdown variants that change the focus to Survival or Efficiency
- Optional training level for refining your piloting skills
- Five story mode single-player levels (from the main 15-level campaign)
- One sample add-on single-player level available for download (not part of the main campaign)
- 14 explosive weapons (7 primary weapons and 7 missiles)
- 14 terrifying robot enemies, plus Super-Robots and Variants
- Numerous level challenges including lava, forcefields, enemy turrets, lockdowns, ambushes and secret rooms
- Steam Achievements and Leaderboards
- Upgrades system and advanced player stats
- Automap and Holo-guide
- Save anywhere
- Six difficulty levels ranging from a casual challenge to very punishing
- Support for mouse, keyboard, gamepad and/or joystick controls
- Surround sound audio options
- Virtual reality support for Oculus and Vive
See below for the Full Game features, expected to release in 2018.
EARLY ACCESS ROADMAP
Version 0.9 is our last planned release in Early Access.
When we exit Early Access and launch the full game, Overload will contain:
- Single-player story campaign with 15+ FULL-SIZE atmospheric levels
- 12+ Challenge Mode levels with tons of replayability
- Upgradeable player ship and 16 weapons with multiple upgrade options
- 20+ terrifying robot types and 3 massive bosses
- Story by the writer of FREESPACE 2, plus pulse-pounding soundtrack
- Epic soundtrack by Dan Wentz (DESCENT 2), Allister Brimble (DESCENT 1 REDBOOK), and Jerry Berlongieri (DESCENT 3)
- Multiplayer! This was originally planned as an add-on, but will now be available with the full release.
A free custom Level Editor will be released sometime after launch.