This Grand Life
Poking Water Games
- OS: Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 or Windows XP
- Processor: 2.0 GHz or faster processor
- Memory: 1 GB RAM
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 / AMD Radeon HD 7400G / NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 or better graphics card with OpenGL 3.3 and later support
- Storage: 200 MB available space
This Grand Life description
Unfortunately, professional review of the This Grand Life game is not yet ready. This game is on the list and will be reviewed in the nearest feature. Meanwhile, you can find more from the official description below.View all reviews
If you have something to say about this game and make own review - write us. We are looking for talented game critics!
Inspired by Sierra's 1990 game Jones In The Fast Lane, your life is divided into weeks. You try to accomplish as much as you can each week while economic conditions and special events create interesting choices to think about. Do I go to work this week, or take part in the Hot Dog Eating competition at the park? Should I spend time looking for a better job, or stick with my current job until economic conditions improve?
- Balancing Needs - Core game loop of balancing short-term needs such as hunger, fun, hygiene and health with long-term goals like happiness, wealth and education.
- Stylised City Maps - The game map is based on a real major city, thanks to satellite imagery from the European Space Agency!
- Education System - Study for degrees, diplomas and PHDs, required for some higher level occupations. Go to trade school or university.
- Promising Careers and Dead End Jobs - Prestigious career paths like Banking and Chef, plus lower level occupations like Janitor and Salesperson.
- Progressive Taxation System - The more you earn, the higher your tax bracket.
- Possessions - Fridges, TVs and Computers which help with your short-term needs.
- Collectibles - Collect stamps, coins and other rare items to achieve your long-term goals.
- Subscription Services - Sign up for services that make life easier, like grocery delivery or cable TV.
- Special Events - Home Robbery, Hotdog Eating Competition, Steam Sales and more.
- Detailed Economic Simulation - Inflation, interest rates and economic growth influence your investments and job competition.
- Investment and Debt - Borrow money to achieve your goals or invest for a future where you won't have to work. Minimum repayments and interest rates calculated realistically.
- Real Estate - Buy properties through an auction system. Live in it yourself or rent out your properties to tenants.
- Stock Market - Buy and sell shares on the stock market. Watch out for poor corporate management.
- Life Expenses - Electricity bills, rent, loan repayments and consequences for not paying them on time.
- Traits/Privilege System - Begin life with advantages like rich parents, or disadvantages like alcoholism.
- Freelance/Contractor Business - Hire employees, advertise your brand, complete jobs and grow your reputation.
- Tutorial - An interactive tutorial where your mother tells you to get a job.
- Moddability - Create your own careers, courses, locations, possessions and more. All content designed to be highly moddable.